Established in 1993, Crown is a leading building envelope partner of choice. Delivering large scale, mission-critical projects across Ireland, the U.K and Europe, our excellent reputation is un-paralleled in the industry. We are proud to be awarded as one of Ireland’s Best Workplaces ® and to be certified as a Great Place to Work ® for the second consecutive year. Our clients include tier-one main contractors, the top names in digital technology, social media multinationals, pharmaceutical companies, and property developers. Employees at Crown enjoy exciting, challenging, rewarding jobs and careers with competitive salaries, continuous professional development, full training, sponsored study options, a wide range of benefits and opportunities to advance and achieve their full potential. We hope you will join the Crown team and enjoy working with one of Ireland’s Best Workplaces ®.
Key Functions & Results Areas (Key Activities):
- Maintain a weekly log of tender enquiries and a pipeline of potential projects that fit with the company’s requirements.
- Measurement of drawings and preparation of BOQ’s.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure quotations are competitive.
- Preparation of rate build up for all elements of work to required margins.
- Ensure quotations are returned within the tender period.
- Carry out value engineering exercises and make cost saving proposals to Main Contractor/ Client.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Commercial Manager.
- Maintain close communication with potential clients, following up on quotations and the status of each project quoted.
- In conjunction with the commercial manager negotiate with clients to ensure projects are secured to required margins.
- Upon award of projects, prepare budget based on costs at tender stage.
- Handover project to other departments – operations, design and QS. Identifying and potential risk and opportunity that is available.
- Set an example of the Company’s professional image at all levels of contact, and ensure similar conduct from subcontractors and supervisors.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the directors, management or consultants appointed by the directors
- This job may involve some travel and unsocial hours
- Occasionally you will need to assist the estimating team in preparing quotations – such assistance will involve undertaking take offs, building up rates, requesting supplier and subcontractor quotations
- A construction related college degree or equivalent; construction science or engineering degree preferred
- At least 3 years of successfully involvement in estimating envelope contracts.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawing specifications for roofing projects
- Knowledge in roofing and cladding construction methods and practices,
- Effective communication, supervision, and managerial skills
- Must have a high level of computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Microsoft Project is a plus
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Budget management experience and demonstrable attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Current drivers licence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Roundwood, Bray, Co. Wicklow
Remote Working Available
Full driving licence