Crown, the Roofing and Cladding Partner of Choice is seeking a dynamic professional HSEQ Manager to join the team.
We are proud to announce that we are certified as a Great Place to Work after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute Ireland. The Certification process is based on direct feedback from employees, provided as part of an extensive and anonymous survey about the workplace experience.
Established since 1993, we carry out roofing, cladding and façade projects across Ireland and Europe. We specialise data centres for the top names in digital construction, in addition to industrial, pharmaceutical, technology and commercial projects.
With offices in Dublin and Wicklow we can provide work locations that suit your location. Excellent packages on offer for the right candidates including competitive salary, health insurance, pension, performance related bonus and company vehicle. Flexible work options available for the right candidate, including working remotely and working from home.
The role of the HSEQ Manager is to work with all site and management personnel to ensure all company policies, processes and health and safety legislation is adhered to on all sites.
Excellent package on offer including competitive salary, company car, health insurance, company pension, employee assistance programme,sponsored study, continual professional development, coaching and training.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESULTS AREAS (KEY ACTIVITIES):
- Develop and conduct audits, toolbox talks and other training activities
- * Develop, maintain and ensure implementation of an internal HSEQ Management System
- * Ensure the company maintains/ continually improves externals accreditations
- Assist with implementation employee wellness and mental health programmes and initiatives
- Monitor legislative updates, ensuring necessary changes are applied promptly
- Present health and safety progress updates to Company Directors on a daily basis as sites are audited
- Carry out HS audits as required
- Manage external HSEQ external consultants/ auditors as required
- Manage CRL PPE and ensure all sites/personnel are equipped with what they require.
- Regularly review and update Risk Assessments, Safer Operating Procedures, and Safety Statements, communicating any updates to Sites.
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all employees and sub-contractors as required, and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Investigate, record, and report accidents, incidents and near –misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time
- Change the attitude and behaviour of site operatives, foremen, managers and sub- contractors by communicating and collaborating with them in the most engaging, though provoking and innovative manner
- Review and prepare safety statements and safety compliance
- Manage CRL yard/stores area, make sure it is maintained in a safe, tidy and organised manner. Tasks to be delegated to CRL stores manager.
- Attend regular Health and Safety Meetings.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the Directors, management or consultants appointed by the directors
- This job may, on occasion, involve some travel and unsocial hours
- Degree/ Diploma in HSEQ discipline
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in a Similar Role.
- Must be comfortable in carry out training, Risk Assessments, Methods Statements and Safety and Health Plans and other Health and Safety Reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with emphasis on ability to provide and explain reports accurately.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have an innovative and engaging approach to health and safety
- Up to date with Legislation, Guidance, Advice and Compliance
- Current driver’s licence
- Certification for Manual Handling, Working at Height, Abrasive Wheels and Fire Warden/Fire Watch Instructor would be desirable.
Competencies Required for this Role:
The post holder will demonstrate competence in the following areas:
Leading & Driving Performance
1. Proactive with an ability to work on own initiative and to take the lead where appropriate
2. Takes responsibility for own work and actions, delivers effectively, on time and to high standard
3. Is a strong team player collaborating and working closely with all members of the business
4. Identifier of change programmes that increase productivity and profitability
5. Highly motivated and enthusiastic about taking on new challenges
1. Good skills in maximising the use of resources available to achieve results and best value
2. Committed to sharing knowledge and information with colleagues and line managers
3. Can compile, analyse and collate information in a meaningful way
4. Maximises use of information communications technology, builds knowledge of its application and puts it to appropriate use to increase business performance and outputs
1. Is committed to building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
2. Understands client needs and delivers timely response to ensure their needs are met
3. Has well developed influencing skills with an ability to communicate strategies and to gain support for plans and ideas
Anticipating & Adapting to Change
1. Maintains an external focus and applies critical thinking to anticipate the potential impact of external issues on the business
2. Has a positive attitude to change and willingly identifies and embraces new plans and strategies for the business
Imagination, Innovation & Creativity
1. Embraces innovation and creativity within the Company and makes innovative and creative suggestions to the management team on possible improvements
2. Displays fresh and forward thinking approach
1. Demonstrates ability to communicate verbal information clearly and concisely, is capable of delivering presentations and actively participates in relevant meetings
2. Demonstrates ability to produce written reports to a high standard
Learning and Development
1. Is open to giving and receiving constructive feedback from colleagues and others as appropriate
2. Demonstrates a commitment to develop oneself in line with business needs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- HSEQ Management : 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)