Crown, the roofing, cladding and facades partner of choice is seeking to recruit additional Junior Project Managers to join our site based team in Ireland & across Europe.
We are proud to announce that we have officially been certified as a Great Place to Work after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute Ireland. The Certification process is based on direct feedback from employees, provided as part of an extensive and anonymous survey about the workplace experience. We are the only construction company in Ireland to be certified as a Great Place to Work.
We are currently expanding in both Ireland and Europe and we require additional Junior Project Managers to assist our project management team. Excellent opportunities on offer for the right candidates including competitive salary, host of benefits, sponsored study opportunities and exciting career path.
What does this role involve?
- You will assist the project manager in ensuring that appropriate levels of labour are on site on all CRL projects and ensure all operatives are fully compliant with regard to Health & Safety.
- Assist with formulating and implementing site inspection practices to safeguard good quality installation and finished product. This will include quality assurance plans and Inspection reports regimes.
- Assist with developing site specific risk assessments and method statements and update during project if required
- Help to develop project programme using Microsoft Project and ensure it is adhered to on-site, update as necessary.
- Attend site coordination meetings along with Contracts/ Project Manager
- Liaise with Contracts/ Project Manager and familiarise yourself with the Bill of Quantities in order to get an appreciation of project from commercial perspective.
- Help to ensure incurred installation labour costs are in line with estimated costs.
- Help to ensure attendance and preliminary costs are in line with estimated costs
- Assist with re-measures of completed works on-site and submit to the Contracts Manager.
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery of materials and ensure quality checks are being implemented on-site.
- Maintain a good working relationship with both operatives and the Main Contractor/Client
- Ensure all works on site are undertaken in accordance with safe working practices and current Health and Safety legislation, be constantly vigilant to any actual or potential hazards, and encourage such vigilance among all site personnel
- Safeguard the Company’s position by ensuring relevant site events are recorded and reported in writing to the Main Contractor/Client quickly and contractually. This should include daily site diaries and photographic records.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A construction related college degree or equivalent; construction science or engineering degree preferred.
- One years experience in the roofing/cladding sector in a project management role is an advantage.
- Knowledge in roofing construction methods and practices, including safety codes and requirements
- Effective communication, supervision, and managerial skills
- Must have a high level of computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Microsoft Project is a plus
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong team player
- Current drivers licence
Competitive salary, full training, mentoring, coaching, career progression and host of benefits on offer.
Job Type: Full-time
- project management: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Driving Licence B (Required)
- English (Required)