Crown, the Roofing and Cladding Partner of Choice is seeking ambitious, professional Quantity Surveyors to join the team.
We are proud to announce that we have officially been certified as a Great Place to Work after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute Ireland. The Certification process is based on direct feedback from employees, provided as part of an extensive and anonymous survey about the workplace experience. We are the only construction company in Ireland to be certified as a Great Place to Work.
Established 1993, we carry out roofing, cladding and façade projects across Ireland and Europe. We specialise in industrial, pharmaceutical, technology, data centres and commercial projects.
With offices in Dublin and Wicklow we can provide work locations that suit your location. Excellent packages on offer for the right candidates including competitive salary, health insurance, pension, performance related bonus and company vehicle.
What does this role involve?
- Tender for roofing projects to required margin levels based on Bills of Quantities, Drawings or Site Surveys.
- Produce budgets and cash flow forecasts for all secured projects.
- Negotiate best prices with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure projects comes in on or better than budget.
- Procurement of key materials to suit project programme.
- Carry out value engineering exercises and make cost saving proposals to Main Contractor/ Client.
- Preparation of interim valuations and final accounts.
- Maintain a close working with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager.
- Pricing and submitting of costs for all variations in a timely fashion.
- Certify works completed by subcontractors.
- Ensuring contract correspondence is being responded to quickly and contractually
- A construction related college degree or equivalent; construction science or engineering degree preferred
- At least 2 years of successfully pricing construction projects
- Must be able to read and interpret drawing specifications for roofing projects
- Knowledge in roofing construction methods and practices, including safety codes and requirements
- Effective communication, supervision, and managerial skills
- Must have a high level of computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Microsoft Project is a plus
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Budget management experience and demonstrable attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Current drivers licence
- Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Quantity Surveying: 3 years (Required)
- Working with contractors: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Driving Licence (Required)
- English (Required)