Established in 1993, Crown is a leading building envelope partner of choice. Delivering large scale, mission-critical projects across Ireland, the U.K and Europe, our excellent reputation is un-paralleled in the industry. We are proud to be awarded as one of Ireland’s Best Workplaces ® and to be certified as a Great Place to Work ® for the second consecutive year. Our clients include tier-one main contractors, the top names in digital technology, social media multinationals, pharmaceutical companies, and property developers. Employees at Crown enjoy exciting, challenging, rewarding jobs and careers with competitive salaries, continuous professional development, full training, sponsored study options, a wide range of benefits and opportunities to advance and achieve their full potential. We hope you will join the Crown team and enjoy working with one of Ireland’s Best Workplaces ®.
- Manage technical output of self in line with project program and deadlines set by Design Manager and Contracts Manager
- Manage design process from award to handover with strong construction knowledge
- Provide mentoring and training other team members
- Key department position; ability to be ‘right hand person’ to Design Manager Key Functions & Results Areas
- Project design setup: setting milestones, communicating with project stakeholders, manage technical queries of ones projects
- Strong commercial awareness with an eye for value engineering
- Attending site meetings as required
- Production of technically correct and clear working drawings to benefit Crown Roofing & Cladding
- Training, mentoring, and guiding less experienced technicians.
- Close working relationship with Design Manager on design office status/workloads/availability
- Quality checking of design office output
- Ensuring compliance with design office protocols
- Sharing and collaborating on technical matters
- Ability to communicate effectively with site crews
- Preparation of technical submittals and O&M’s
- Maintaining drawing registers for ease of project overviews
- Monitor document control to ensure relevant personnel have ease of access to necessary files and drawings
- Helping the company develop a BIM strategy and roadmap
- Communicating upwards to management in a transparent and open manner
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in building envelope/ façade/ cladding design
- Third level qualification in Architectural Technology or Engineering related discipline essential
- Proven track record of industry experience
- Strong knowledge of Kingspan composite panels, both roofing and wall cladding.
- Strong knowledge of flat roof systems: built up bitumen systems, PVC membranes, hotmelt and liquids
- Knowledge of curtain walling/ glazing systems; unitised and stick systems an advantage
- Proficient in Autocad / Revit
- Excellent communications skills, both written and spoken.
- Energetic, highly motivated
- Reliable and dependable
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent reading, writing and comprehension skills.
- Team player with the willingness to go the extra mile.
- Current drivers’ licence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dublin Office
- Remote Working Available
- Full driving licence