Crown, the roofing, cladding and facades partner of choice is seeking to recruit additional Site Foremen to join their site based teams.
Established in 1993, Crown Roofing is Ireland’s leading Irish roofing, cladding and facade contractor. We specialise in the design, supply and fit of roofing, cladding and facade systems in Ireland and Europe. With Director led involvement on all projects, we offer innovative roofing solutions and an industry leading service. Our excellent reputation for carrying out quality projects safely, on time and defect free is un-paralled in the industry. Our prestigious and extensive portfolio includes landmark projects in addition to work carried out over live, occupied and sensitive buildings such as pharmaceutical, manufacturing and technology plants.
Currently we are expanding and require additional site foremen to head up our site crews. Our foremen are site based with most of our sites in Dublin and the greater Dublin area. The role of the Foreman is to ensure that all onsite activities are carried out to the appropriate H&S standards as set out by the Company and that all projects are completed to the highest quality, on time and within budget. The Foreman is also responsible for all Company employees, their conduct and activities while at client sites.
- Key Functions & Results Areas :
- Ensure projects are completed on time and in accordance with agreed programme
- Safeguard the Company’s position by ensuring relevant site events are recorded and reported in writing to the Project Manager / Contracts Manager.
- Notify Project Manager / Contracts Manager of material requirements as quickly as possible to ensure no delays.
- Manage direct labour costs and ensure works are completed on or better than budget.
- Maintain close contact with the main contractor at site level at all stages of the contract;
- Ensure all works on site are undertaken in accordance with safe working practices and current Health and Safety legislation, be constantly vigilant to any actual or potential hazards, and encourage such vigilance among all site personnel.
- Ensure installations are carried out in accordance with the agreed specification and Crown Roofing working drawings.
- Induct new site based employees into the Company, ensure relevant paperwork is completed and returned to the office promptly.
- Submit proof of delivery documents to the office and carry out quality control checks on all materials received to site to ensure no substandard or defective materials are installed.
- Responsible for setting the tone for H&S on site and ensuring all onsite staff are H&S compliant and that works are carried out to the appropriate H&S standard
- Keep a detailed daily site diary of labour levels, weather, relevant events etc;
- At least 5 year’s experience in the roofing and cladding sectors with full control of site management.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawing specifications for roofing projects
- Knowledge in roofing construction methods and practices, including safety codes and requirements
- Effective communication, supervision, and managerial skills
- Must have a good level of computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Microsoft Project is a plus
- Good IT skills
- Good organisational skills
- Strong team player
- Current drivers licence
- Trade background and up to date knowledge of H&S legislation
Competitive package on offer including company vehicle and range of benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- roofing and cladding: 5 years (Required)
- Tallaght, County Dublin (Preferred)
- Full driving licence (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)